Sunday, 20 March 2016

The 2016 Moose Run 25k!

Hey guys and gals!

Today was the 2016 annual Moose Run 25k and I lived to tell about it. ;) *This run is famous for its hills. Gulp.

Yesterday I decided that since I missed a run day on Wednesday a schedule switch-a-roo would be just fine with 7 easy miles on Saturday.

 It was pure sunshine when I left home and then 3 miles in a huge snow squall hit and I could barely see a foot in front of me. :S

I shuffled on and then 1/2 mile from the house the sun came out again. So weird.

This morning Marg, Sam and I headed over to Cow Bay for the 10 a.m. start of the Moose Run 25k. It was a GORGEOUS first day of Spring and what better way to celebrate the season than with a run? with friends?! :)

Matt met us there and took part in our mini pre-race photo shoot. ;)
I thought this picture was funny, lol.
 So after chatting it up with everyone at the start we were off! (All 218 of us!)

A couple miles in (maybe 3?) at the first water stop Tim Chessnut captured Christine and I in our hydration nation. This picture makes me giggle.


Here's a better one:

Marg and I paced each other throughout the entire run. I was very grateful to have such a responsible running buddy who kept me from getting too excited and running faster than someone at my ability should be 29 days out from Boston. :)
 We got so excited every time we saw a camera, lol.

This picture is my favourite! Look at our strides!!

We ran pretty smart today and finished in 2:09. I was super glad to have conquered the hills of Cow Bay!

The stats:

A group of us neighbourhood runners took part in the post-race eating festivities which included yummy warm beans, cookies and coffee.

The elevation profile:
yikes!
 It certainly was a great run. Thanks to all organizers and volunteers!!!

Now onto some groundbreaking news:

Lola got a haircut!!!! <3

This was her reaction when I pulled her out of bed yesterday morning:
"I have to go WHERE today?"
 "Okay mommy, if there will be treats there I'm in."

All done! <3

And then Princess Lola was all tuckered out from her day at the doggie spa that she requested nothing but naps for the remainder of the day, lol.

I hope you had a super fab weekend and thanks for popping on over to the GGR blog!

Share your weekend success stories with me!
What are  you currently training for? 

Happy Running,
Heather :)

6 comments:

  1. Great job on your run! I'm now scared for MRW half :) Lola looks pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strides and shadows even, match perfectly in that picture! That is too cool, you couldn't do that if you planned it LOL You have some awesome race pics Heather. That is great you have run buddies to pace so well with. Congrats on a great finish.
    I like that picture with Matt, you look like you adore him :)
    Friday night was the first time I slept solid! My upper body session was pretty good Saturday :) One day I'll have some run happiness again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your strong race! I can't believe Boston is in 20 days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that matching stride photo!

    Great job on your race! I can't believe how weird your weather has been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a great race! Lola looks pretty darn cute with her hair cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I really dislike it when race photographers hang around hydration station. I'm never very graceful at the moment. haha

    ReplyDelete