Sunday, 14 May 2017

Getting Back Into That Running Thing ;)

Hi there!!!!

I'm back! :)

Unfortunately marathon celebrations and recovery can't last forever. I truly did enjoy those last few weeks of very little running, no pressure, way lower stress and eating basically what I wanted. My body and mind were in a much need of a reset and reboot. I ALWAYS forget how much of marathon training is mental until I'm reminded post-marathon just how mentally exhausted I am.

Over the last week or so I am feeling ready and refreshed again to start the next running adventure!

In two weeks Matt and I will be headed to Ottawa, (I've never been there!), where he will run the full marathon. My plan to drink coffee and spectate was switched up a bit when Matt informed me that he'd signed me up for the 1/2! LOL. I'm very excited and have zero expectations for a PB race - which would be a sub 1:36:39. It will be a lot of fun to see Matt's hard work and training into action.

So let's see what's been going on over the last few weeks:

I had a nice souvenir from the Sun Run that was the Boston Marathon! LOL.

Look closely, that IS my name sharpied onto my arm and burnt.
Jeff at Nova Physiotherapy has been taking excellent care of me post marathon, even if he does stick me with sharp needles! :)

I chatted with the half marathon training group at the Running Room to pump them up for the Blue Nose!!!

Mizuno sent me some fresh new gear and I'm completely in love with this jacket!

Spring Running Club started up at school again!

The girls went out for a Boston Marathon celebration dinner!

I've been joining as many BLT group runs as possible!

I even went to speed work :0 and I didn't pass out! Coach Ian had us do a warm up, 4 x 800m and warm down. My legs hadn't run that fast in about a month or so...LOL.

Sometimes we run just for the coffee though. ;)

Okay, my facebook memories reminded me this weekend that 6 years ago I did my first ever full marathon at the Fredericton Marathon! I sort of love this picture. (3:49:08).


And Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!!!!

And of course Lola says, "Hi."

So tell me something new with you! 

Thanks for stopping by my little blog-o-sphere!

Happy running,
Heather :)

3 comments:

  1. Your first marathon pic is priceless :) I am glad you enjoyed some rest and recovery time.
    That is awesome Matt signed you up for a race :) What a good hubby!!
    I set a new 10K PB in April and then my body went no more fast running for you...haha, it is crazy how fast it goes away for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you took some time off to rest, relax, and recover! Good luck on your upcoming half marathon :)
    I just finished Ragnar Niagara Falls this past weekend (it was great!) and my Berlin-plus-Chicago Marathon training starts this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever wanted to get free Twitter Re-tweets?
    Did you know that you can get them ON AUTO-PILOT AND ABSOLUTELY FREE by registering on Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete